Align Your Team
As a leader, one of your primary roles is to ensure your team is aligned. This means getting people to work on the right things. When people are focused on the right things, they are more effective. People-First Leaders™ align their teams by doing the following:
- Creating and communicating a vision
- Establishing SMART goals for the team
- Helping team members develop individual performance goals
- Providing positive and constructive feedback consistently throughout the year
Here are some resources to help you align your team.
Tools and Templates
- 6 steps create a vision for your team.
- Here’s how to have a goal setting conversation.
- Provide feedback in a way that helps your people succeed.
- Utilize a feedback tracker – to track your feedback and recognition efforts.
- Implement the positive discipline continuum.
Articles and Blog Posts
- 3 Ways to Derail Team Formation
- How Effective are your Meetings? (Blog post)
- When Feedback Doesn’t Work (Blog post)
- Agile Performance Goals (Blog post)
- The Global Leadership Team - Parts 1-3 (Blog post)
- The Middle Management Gap - Parts 1-2 (Blog post)